How to Reduce Shopify Abandoned Carts with Abandoned Cart Emails, SMS, and Push Notifications
Abandoned carts are a major problem for online retailers. There are a number of things that online retailers can do to reduce abandoned carts, including:
- Sending abandoned cart emails. Abandoned cart emails are a great way to remind customers about the items they left in their cart. These emails should be personalized and should include a clear call to action, such as a link to complete the checkout process.
- Sending SMS messages. SMS messages are another effective way to reach out to customers who have abandoned their carts. These messages should be short and to the point, and they should offer a specific incentive to complete the purchase, such as a discount code or free shipping.
- Sending push notifications. Push notifications are a newer way to reach out to customers, but they can be very effective at reducing abandoned carts. These notifications are sent directly to the customer's device, so they are sure to be seen.
In addition to these three methods, there are a number of other things that online retailers can do to reduce abandoned carts, such as:
- Optimizing their checkout process. The checkout process should be as simple and easy as possible. Customers should not have to jump through hoops in order to complete their purchase.
- Offering free shipping or other incentives. Offering free shipping or other incentives can help to convince customers to complete their purchase.
- Personalizing the checkout experience. The checkout experience should be personalized to the individual customer. This can be done by using customer data to recommend products or offer discounts.
By implementing these strategies, online retailers can significantly reduce their abandoned cart rate and boost their sales.
Here are some specific actionables for each of the three methods mentioned above:
Abandoned cart emails:
- Personalize the emails by using the customer's name and the items they left in their cart.
- Include a clear call to action, such as a link to complete the checkout process.
- Offer a discount or other incentive to encourage customers to complete the purchase.
- Send the emails at the right time. The best time to send abandoned cart emails is within 24 hours of the customer abandoning their cart.
- Keep the messages short and to the point.
- Offer a specific incentive to complete the purchase, such as a discount code or free shipping.
- Send the messages to the customer's mobile phone number.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Offer a specific incentive to complete the purchase.
- Send the notifications to the customer's device.
Improve Your Checkout Process to Reduce Abandonment
- According to a recent study by Baymard Institute, the average abandonment rate for online carts is 70.19%.
- The most common reasons for cart abandonment are:
- Customers did not find what they were looking for.
- The checkout process was too long or complicated .
- Customers were not willing to pay the shipping costs .
- Customers had concerns about security or privacy.
- Online retailers can reduce their abandoned cart rate by implementing the strategies mentioned in this article.
You may also be interested in: 5 Audience Retargeting Strategies for Ecommerce
Book a Free Demo and experience ShopAgain app in action with a complimentary, no-obligation session tailored to your business needs.
We make it easy to get started with ShopAgain app: Start Free Trial.