Abandoned cart recovery is the process of reaching out to customers who have added items to their cart but have not completed the checkout process. It is a valuable way to recover lost sales and improve your bottom line.
There are a number of reasons why shoppers abandon their carts. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Unexpected shipping costs
- A complex checkout process
- Lack of trust in the website or merchant
- Unexpected errors or glitches
- Simply forgetting to complete the purchase
Whatever the reason, abandoned carts can represent a significant loss of revenue for online retailers. However, there are a number of things that retailers can do to recover abandoned carts and boost sales.
Here are five proven strategies for recovering abandoned carts in Shopify:
- Send abandoned cart emails. This is the most effective way to recover abandoned carts. Abandoned cart emails are triggered when a shopper leaves their cart without completing the purchase. The email should remind the shopper of the items they left behind and offer them a discount or other incentive to return and complete the purchase.
- Use exit-intent popups. Exit-intent popups are displayed when a shopper is about to leave your website. The popup can be used to offer a discount, ask for the shopper’s email address, or promote a related product.
- Simplify the checkout process. The checkout process should be as simple and straightforward as possible. Make sure to clearly display all shipping and handling costs upfront, and offer a variety of payment options.
- Build trust and credibility. Shoppers are more likely to complete a purchase if they trust your website and merchant. Display trust badges, such as the Better Business Bureau seal of approval, and make sure your website is secure and encrypted.
- Personalize your marketing. Use customer data to personalize your marketing messages and offers. This will help you reach the right shoppers with the right message, increasing your chances of recovering abandoned carts.
By following these strategies, you can reduce the number of abandoned carts in your Shopify store and boost your sales.
Here are some additional tips for recovering abandoned carts in Shopify:
- Send abandoned cart emails within 24 hours of the shopper abandoning their cart.
- Personalize your abandoned cart emails by addressing the shopper by name and mentioning the specific products they left behind.
- Offer a discount or other incentive to encourage the shopper to return and complete the purchase.
- Keep your abandoned cart emails short and to the point.
- Test different abandoned cart email subject lines and content to see what works best for your store.
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of recovering abandoned carts and boosting your sales in Shopify.
Abandoned Cart Statistics: What You Need to Know
- According to a study by Statista, the average abandoned cart value in the United States is $57.71.
- The global average abandoned cart rate is 72.2%.
- The Middle East (90.88%) region has more online shopping cart abandonment rate than any other regions
- The 86% of consumers abandon their product in the cart just before checkout.
- The most common reason for abandoned carts is unexpected shipping costs.
- Other common reasons for abandoned carts include a complex checkout process, lack of trust in the website or merchant, and unexpected errors or glitches.
By understanding the latest news and statistics on abandoned carts, you can better understand the challenges that your competitors are facing and develop strategies to overcome them.
You may also be interested in: Why Retargeting Is Important for eCommerce
Book a Free Demo and experience ShopAgain app in action with a complimentary, no-obligation session tailored to your business needs.
We make it easy to get started with ShopAgain app: Start Free Trial.